Illinois charter schools may be subject to a union organizing drive under federal law pursuant to a recent ruling by the National Labor Relations Board. On December 14, 2012 The National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB”) found that a private, nonprofit corporation that operates a public charter school in Chicago was an employer under Section 2(2) of the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA). Chicago Mathematics & Science Academy Charter School, Inc. and Chicago Alliance of Charter Teachers and Staff, IFT-AFT (359 NLRB 41. This ruling emanated from the ...
- Fifth Circuit Redresses NLRB’s Tesla Decision but the Board Remains Undaunted
- New York State Bans Workplace “Captive Audience” Meetings
- Federal Government Continues Initiatives to Limit Employer Opposition to Union Organizing
- NLRB Issues Final Rule on Joint-Employer Status, Answering a Major Question No One Asked
- NLRB Delivers Labor Day Gifts to Unions