On Friday, November 16, I participated in a free 75-minute webinar discussion with Lafe E. Solomon, Acting General Counsel of the National Labor Relations Board
. The webinar was moderated by Terence H. McGuire
of the Practical Law Company. We discussed:
Click here to view this complimentary webinar, “Employment Practices Facing NLRB Scrutiny.”
- Factors that the NLRB considers when deciding whether to prosecute unfair labor practices based on these employment practices.
- Legal considerations surrounding these employment practices besides compliance with the National Labor Relations Act.
- The NLRB’s stance on what is and is not a lawful at will disclaimer.
- Social Media and communications policies.
- The NLRB’s position on employer requirements for confidentiality in connection with workplace investigations.
- Waivers of the right to pursue claims in class actions.
- What's next on the NLRB's prosecutorial agenda and how employers can prepare.