On Wednesday, the Senate narrowly confirmed John Ring, a management-side labor attorney from Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP, to the National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB” or the “Board”). With this vote, Ring fills the last remaining open seat on the Board, which was previously held by former Chairman Philip Miscimarra. Ring’s term will expire on December 16, 2022. The confirmation vote of 50-48 was largely down party lines, with only two Democrats voting in favor of Ring’s confirmation. The strong opposition from the Democrats is likely due to the perceived efforts of the ...
- New York State Bans Workplace “Captive Audience” Meetings
- Federal Government Continues Initiatives to Limit Employer Opposition to Union Organizing
- NLRB Issues Final Rule on Joint-Employer Status, Answering a Major Question No One Asked
- NLRB Delivers Labor Day Gifts to Unions
- NLRB Issues Final Rule on NLRB Election Procedures; Returns to “Quickie Election” Procedures